WAP Groups
Download Free Apps & Games @ PHONEKY.com

ISLAMANITY - Topics
Create Your Own App Store

* ISLAMANITY > Topics

Subject: I need to know....
Replies: 38 Views: 2773

flyk 13.10.08 - 07:37pm
My fellow christian found me reading a translated version of the Koran and told me that I could get into a lot of trouble with the muslim community, especially since I am dating a muslim. Is this true? Is it wrong for me to read the Koran as a christian? *

ahlam84 16.10.08 - 02:42am
i am not a christian, I am a Muslim, but my question is, why would it be wrong? Maybe your friend who saw you reading the Qur'an, is worried that you maybe going to re vert to Islam. & maybe, your christian friend doesnt want that? maybe thats why your friend told you that' *

ahlam84 16.10.08 - 02:45am
i dont understand why you friend tell you this, but its not wrong what you did. research is good. you should research any religion before & during. not just be a religion, then deep down another religion speaks to your heart. like Islam. you were reading Qur'an, meaning Islam is calling for you? *

flyk 16.10.08 - 08:03pm
You are right. It is not wrong with reading the Qu'ran. The lessons I learn from reading the Qu'ran are most amazing. I really need to search my heart of hearts. Thank you ahlam. It is comforting to read your words and not feel like I am a traitor. I am just searching for peace of mind and heart. *

ahlam84 16.10.08 - 08:23pm
Thank you, & your correct. good for you! follow your heart & soul. find your peace that completes you' after all, Islam means Peace. 3hearts.GIF *

ayyad 16.10.08 - 09:21pm
Quran is the actuall kalam (word) of Allah!& every one is his slave!so every slave needs to know what his lord wants to say to him!as simple as that!& Allah says in the glorious Quran that this book is a guidence(al huda) to all the people( wether he accepts faith or not) *

flyk 17.10.08 - 06:03am
I know that it is important to pray 5 times in a day. When are these 5 times and what do I need to do before praying? What is DUA? *

ayyad 17.10.08 - 08:19am
Bro the best wud b to ask sm1 to show u practically how to offer salah(that is the rt word).as far as timing goes 1.fajar_before sunrise2.zuhur_after midnoon3.Asar_after the sun is in its last horizon(1 hr before sunset!)4.Maghrib_ just after sunset.5.Isha_anytime in the night! But if u really wanna offer ur salahprayer.GIFthe best place is in a mosque with a congregation as islam believes in unity! *

ayyad 17.10.08 - 08:30am
Bro Dua is supplication to Allah!that is whatever we want we have ask Allah to give it to us!wether be it fr the world or the hereafter! ALLAH SAYS IN QURAN U ASK ME & I WILL GIVE IT TO U! *

ayyad 17.10.08 - 10:31am
Before offering salahprayer.GIFu have to do wudhu (abulution) that is cleaning ur face,hands & feet with water!the best is to read how Mohammed(pbuh) did abulution in saheh ahadeeth *

flyk 17.10.08 - 09:58pm
Thank you for giving me more insight. I really appreciate this. God bless you and keep you well. I am even more encouraged. *

ahlam84 18.10.08 - 02:50am
if you wanna pray & you need correct prayer times for you location, go to www.islamicfinder.org *

ahlam84 18.10.08 - 02:56am
Tahajjud prayer is really good. with this prayer, is after mid night, like 1 or 2 or 3 am. It consists of 2 rakaats (cycles) pray the first two rakaaks, then finish with Tashahhud. dont forget the assalam alaikom wa Rahmatullah *

ayyad 18.10.08 - 10:44am
JazakALLAH bro may Allah grant u peace in this world & in hereafter!if u wana kno anything else u r most welcome *

ayyad 18.10.08 - 10:49am
Salam bro ahlam!keep up the gud work *

ahlam84 19.10.08 - 03:08am
Lol. brother Ayyad, im a sister. not a male, & shukran. your very nice. :-) ala bil-kheir *

flyk 19.10.08 - 04:59am
Please suggest some books, titles and authors that I can buy about Islam. I especially would like to know the prayers. What do I need to do if I want to convert? *

ayyad 19.10.08 - 09:43am
Oops!soory sister!may Allah bestow his peace & blessings on u! *

ayyad 19.10.08 - 10:03am
Salam flyk!convert is nt the rt word!revert is the rt word!as prophet Mohammed(pbuh) said every child is born on Deen_e_Fitrat(it means every child is born as a muslim)! Now to revert to islam u just have to say by ur mouth & believe in ur heart that there is no one worthy of worship but Allah & Mohammed(pbuh) is the slave & messenger of Allah!but it wud b better if u proclaim this in arabic which is pro nounced asLA_ILAHA_ILLALLAH_MOHAMMED_UR_RASOOL_ALLAH!If u proclaim this u will revert back to islam.but remember to also believe it in ur heart that there is only one God *

ayyad 19.10.08 - 10:22am
After any one proclaims this he/she has to implement the teachings of Quran & saheh Ahadeeth!eg:-offering salahprayer.GIF'prohibition of alchol/swine.etc But the best thing that u can do after reverting is to spread the word of Allah to others(QURAN). There are many books which can help u but the best wud b a gud translation of Quran such as by yusuf ali,pickthall,&translation of saheh ahadeeth!but about other books it depends on where u live!best wud b to ask any learned muslim there *

ayyad 19.10.08 - 10:24am
Salam flyk!convert is nt the rt word!revert is the rt word!as prophet Mohammed(pbuh) said every child is born on Deen_e_Fitrat(it means every child is born as a muslim)! Now to revert to islam u just have to say by ur mouth & believe in ur heart that there is no one worthy of worship but Allah & Mohammed(pbuh) is the slave & messenger of Allah!but it wud b better if u proclaim this in arabic which is pro nounced asLA_ILAHA_ILLALLAH_MOHAMMED_UR_RASOOL_ALLAH!If u proclaim this u will revert back to islam.but remember to also believe it in ur heart that there is only one God *

bunyyy 19.10.08 - 03:56pm
When i learnt different religions. They proclaim same claim. Most believe god is one. Does other religion other than islam teach us which is not right? Then why r such religion born? Why changes in ideology occured? Is allah testing us? To judge wats d best? *

ayyad 19.10.08 - 06:12pm
Salam!bro ur last question is the answer to most of ur question!Allah says in surah MulkIts Allah who has created death & life to test which of u is best in deeds! Allah has given free will to only to humans & jinns!and he has taught them about two ways!one goes to hell & other one goes to heaven!nw Adam(pbuh) had 2 sons habel&qabel(abel & caine) .both had a choice!one choose to b gud & other went astray!whos fault was it!nw Allah has forbidden,assosiating of parteners to him(shirk) injustice,adultery,gambling.etc. we have the choice to accept or not! But people go astray as these things give them short term gains in the world!ALLAH still gives them time to repent but as they keep on becoming arrogant Allah seals their heart!they keep on forgetting the day of judgement!similarly Allah has always reminded people through prophets that the only way of life,the only religion acceptable to him is completely surrendering ur will to Allah's will(in arabic Islam).but people changed it in their arrogance,pleasure seeking!& yes all the religious books do tell us to do good things but the Quran shows u the way of achieving that state of goodness! *

ayyad 19.10.08 - 06:12pm
Salam!bro ur last question is the answer to most of ur question!Allah says in surah MulkIts Allah who has created death & life to test which of u is best in deeds! Allah has given free will to only to humans & jinns!and he has taught them about two ways!one goes to hell & other one goes to heaven!nw Adam(pbuh) had 2 sons habel&qabel(abel & caine) .both had a choice!one choose to b gud & other went astray!whos fault was it!nw Allah has forbidden,assosiating of parteners to him(shirk) injustice,adultery,gambling.etc. we have the choice to accept or not! But people go astray as these things give them short term gains in the world!ALLAH still gives them time to repent but as they keep on becoming arrogant Allah seals their heart!they keep on forgetting the day of judgement!similarly Allah has always reminded people through prophets that the only way of life,the only religion acceptable to him is completely surrendering ur will to Allah's will(in arabic Islam).but people changed it in their arrogance,pleasure seeking!& yes all the religious books do tell us to do good things but the Quran shows u the way of achieving that state of goodness! *

flyk 19.10.08 - 08:07pm
Thanks for that! Revert is the word I should be using. As for my buddy who is writing about many religions, I also agree that God has given us the freedom of choice and at the same time He has shown us right and wrong. There is a series of books called 'conversations with God'. Now personaly, I disagree with this new age teachings. Some refer to God as a magnificent being but not as the creator of life and one to be feared and glorified. So far, Islam and christianity make sense. God gives life, we choose to follow His ways or be banished to hell for wrong doing. Yet He is most merciful and that should not be taken for granted either! *

bunyyy 20.10.08 - 02:15am
Agree.
the way to learn goodness is islam. N true path to surrender him.

compassion for friends n ppl around us. Or any living being. Whom should we show compassion and whom should we not?those who r evil should be forgived or not? And if evil change 2 good n ask 4 forgiveness wat should be done *

ayyad 20.10.08 - 10:49am
Bro!as a muslim u have 2 have compassion for all the creation of Allah! *

ayyad 20.10.08 - 10:55am
Evil has to be hated!you cannot luv evil if u r a muslim! *

ayyad 20.10.08 - 11:10am
As far as our forgiving a person Allah says forgive others if u like that Allah may forgive u.but in Islam we follow the middle path! U have to follow what sharia says!eg:-if sumone rapes he has to b given nothing but death!u cant forgive that person!otherwise there will b chaos! *

ayyad 20.10.08 - 11:18am
But there are othes sins such as sumone cheats us or sumone hits us.etc. that we have the choice to forgive that person!but the ultimate forgiveness is with Allah!as Allah says that he can forgive everything except shirk!ALLAH love us more than 70 times our mothers do *

ahlam84 21.10.08 - 04:00am
flyk, like i said, im a sister & if you want one on one, inbox or lets buddy. If you want to re vert, or if you have certain questions personally, i'll be happy to answer. (sometimes, female by female) may work easier or more comfortable. No offence dear brothers. You know how we girls do. lol. ala bil-kheir hug.GIF *

bunyyy 24.10.08 - 02:58am
Tx ayyad *

ayyad 24.10.08 - 08:38am
U welc*m bro *

flyk 25.10.08 - 06:06pm
Can a muslim man marry a christian woman? *

ayyad 26.10.08 - 09:46am
Yes but she shud believe in one God & shud see jesus pbuh as a prophet nt as a bgotten son *

ahlam84 28.10.08 - 05:22am
well said brother ayyad. *

ayyad 28.10.08 - 09:36am
Thanx sis!may Allah swt guide us all *

arkofnuh 20.01.09 - 06:39am
Salam un alykum! How are u all? God bless nd protect u! Ayyad gr8 job! *

684247 20.01.09 - 01:27pm
reading2.GIF *

* ISLAMANITY Forum

Search:
topics replies

* ISLAMANITY